xss in blackboard 8
dave b
2010-10-17 04:14:35 UTC
I don't have access to many blackboard systems but I can confirm that
in Blackboard Learning System version 8 (8.0.375.0) and Blackboard
Learning System - CE Enterprise License (Release CE 8.0.4) that
CVE-2006-4308 was not actually fixed.

Any user with access to forums, assignment submission(comments /
submission) which allows for html input is open to xss and open
redirect.
Blackboard does filter the <script> tag (and use of other tags) but
you can use <meta>(refresh) and the following xss example *should*
work.

<input type="text" AUTOFOCUS onfocus=alert(1)>

I do not have access to a blackboard 9 system, but I suspect this will
not work as the interface has been redone from the screen-shots I have
seen.

--
He draweth out the thread of his verbosity finer than the staple of
hisargument. -- William Shakespeare, "Love's Labour's Lost"

dave b
2010-10-17 12:40:58 UTC
Woops the system Learning System - CE Enterprise License (Release CE
8.0.4) I was testing on was originally 6.X something and got upgraded
so my (testing) previous posts still existed :/

In any-case here is an xss against firefox 3 that works against
Release CE 8.0.4:
<b><script<b></b><alert(1)</script </b>

--
How apt the poor are to be proud. -- William Shakespeare, "Twelfth-Night"